Thank you for the INCREDIBLE workshop Photographer Rising. After 15 years in business I was not sure how much I would benefit. What I learned was invaluable, and more than I could have ever imagined. Your style of teaching is every bit as WONDERFUL as your photography style! You workshop was inspiring, I leave feeling more creative, more business savvy, more motivated, and now have the tools to really allow my business to take off! You are amazing and your workshop is too! THANK YOU HEIDI!!
Jordan Koepke ~ 2015 Photographer Rising Online Workshop Attendee
You can master Lightroom and Photoshop. You can attend endless workshops, build a killer portfolio and take photos that will land you on the cover of a magazine. You can be awarded feature after feature on photography blogs and forums. Those are all amazing pursuits. But none of them are going to pay the bills.
Paying clients are what pay the bills.
My name is Heidi and I started Heidi Hope Photography in 2009 with only a laptop and my digital SLR. I was home on maternity leave with my first daughter. I had no idea what I was getting in to. I just knew I loved babies, I loved photography, and if I could make some money at it, it would be pretty awesome. I didn’t know of any workshops or business resources when I began. I just jumped in head first and worked my tail off. I may have loved photography, but I was completely unprepared to be a business owner. There were many times I wanted to throw in the towel and give up.
My husband Shaun came over to help manage and run the business in 2010 and since then, we have grown to be one of the most successful boutique portrait studios in the country. With Heidi Hope Photography being our only source of income, Shaun and I HAD to make it work. Through trial and error we developed a business that supports our family and our lifestyle while allowing us to save for the future that we want for ourselves and our daughters.
I know what you’re saying.
“My town is different”, “People won’t pay that around here”, “The economy is bad”, “There are too many other photographers”, “I don’t have enough time”
Guess what? NONE of that matters. Rhode Island is one of the least small business friendly states in the country. I love you Rhode Island, but you don’t make it easy for us! We boast high taxes, high un-employment rates and a huge percentage of young educated families moving out of state. There are thousands of photographers in an area as small as Yosemite National Park!
So how did we do it? In this online workshop I am sharing with you everything we have worked so hard for and learned in the past 6 years to build a business that beat the odds. People often ask me why I teach. Why I share “my secrets” for success. Why I choose to be so open in a market that can often leave you feeling burnt.
The truth is, seeing other photographers change their lives means more to me then any photograph I could ever take. I can’t not teach. Watching even one person reach their true potential makes what I do mean something. Plus, I’m tired of hearing that it can’t be done while knowing that it can!
The Photographer Rising online workshop is a 1 week live online workshop broadcasting from the Heidi Hope Photography Studio. Each day, tune into the live webinar, watch me work and have the opportunity for 1 hour of live Q&A. All workshop content and recordings of the live instruction will be available for a full month after the live airing. If the workshop ever re-runs, you can join us again for free as a lifetime member!
What is included?
- 5 days of live instruction with Heidi Hope from the HHP studio. Workshop will air live from 10am – 4:30 pm EST daily with breaks.
- 1 hour LIVE interactive Q&A from 3:30-4:30pm EST each day. Also ask Heidi your questions in real time as they arise.
- Watch Heidi shoot and instruct 4 sessions: 2 Newborn Sessions, Family with Maternity and Family with Cakesmash
- Learn how Heidi creates beautiful exposure in natural light, accurate focus, beautiful backlighting, indoors and outdoors.
- Watch Heidi’s newborn posing workflow and learn her secrets for posing families with young children.
- See behind the scenes of set design and learn session planning tips
- Get Heidi’s recommendations for building your business with favorite vendors, materials and props.
- Watch a full day of post processing workflow. Watch Heidi edit to her style in Adobe Camera Raw and Photoshop. Learn the HHP workflow, batch processing, watermarking, system backups, composites, color balance, favorite actions and time-saving tips.
- Download price list and policy templates.
- Refine your brand and develop a marketing plan for the year ahead.
- Learn how Heidi brought in an overflow of business from the very first year and maintains a large customer base even an extremely saturated market.
- Create a sustainable business plan that allows you to do what you love while making the money that you need.
- Tour the Heidi Hope Photography Studio and watch us work with customers.
- 30 days of video hosting after the Live Workshop ends.
- Join our private Facebook Group community of like-minded photographers where Heidi will continue to mentor and answer questions.
“After being in the photography business for over 15 years, Heidi and Shaun are the most genuine people I have ever met in this industry. They are an open book and beyond willing to help others. It was such a pleasant surprise to finally take a workshop that the teachers are real, honest, and even willing to share their actual numbers with you. NO ONE does that. No one. They literally will give you the steps to take to create a profitable and enjoyable photography business. I was a little nervous about 5 days online. I wanted to be sure I stayed focused. Clearly that wasn’t a problem. Heidi nailed it and had us all on the edge of our seats the entire time.”